Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Claire Douquette's application  (Read 1029 times)

Claire Douquette

(28/04/2014 at 13:52)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4D5T3S4
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name:
Claire Douquette

Birthday:
May 20, 1927

Hometown:
London, Britian

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Divination

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Transfiguration

Year (pick two):
Year 4 or 5

Biography:
Claire Douquette was born to a wizarding family in a small apartment in the outskirts of Paris, France. Her mother, unfortunately, passed away right after her birth. She rarely talks about her. That left her with her father Mathew Douquette (originally from London, he had met her mother at the Ministry) and older brother Jackson. After her mother’s death, her father, at least according to her brother, changed. He moved the family to a large old house near London, becoming more serious and starting to work on his job at the Ministry all day, leaving his one year old daughter and three year old brother with Nanny Joyce, who had from then on been the only parental figure in both the children’s lives.

Claire had, since being a small child, firmly believed the event of the Time Warp, and still to the day feels it unfair how they treat the muggleborns, but kept her opinion to herself, because her father and brother have the firm belated that purebloods are of a higher standard than the ‘mud bloods’.
Her relaishonship with her father is estranged to say the least, since she honestly only sees him at dinnertime or breakfast and he tends to be a lot more social with his son. Unknown to her, the reason for this is her appearance. She looks exactly like her mother, aside from her pale shin, which she got from her father, and so constantly reminding him of his deceased love.
On the other hand, she and her brother get along profoundly well, since there were no other children near them for a while. Her brother is rather protective of her, but, like his father, is very distant and in the last few years, became very rebellious, sometimes going away for days before showing up again, generally with a brose on his grinning face.

When she got her Hogwarts application letter, she immediately went to ask her father for permission to go, and, after getting a ‘sure dear’ before her father hurried off to work that morning, started packing immediately.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

House Request:
Huflepuff

Personality:
Claire is rather shy, and is not the best socializer, since she grew up with only her brother and the help as company. She would much rather hang out with a good friend or two or read a good book by the fireplace than go to a party. Claire is also very curious, which gets her into trouble quite a lot. She is always willing to help others in need (she has a bit of a hero complex), even if it means getting herself hurt in the process. She also loves to do rather stupid things like sneaking around at night or read a book that says ‘DANGER, DO NOT OPEN’.

Also, she has a tendency to get hurt. A lot. She has also befriended everyone at the emergency clinic, since she’s there weakly. Even thou she is a klutz, she wishes to one day be a seeker in Quidditch.

Appearance:
Claire is pale, petite (4 ft 10) and curvy, with leaf green eyes and unruly brown hair to her shoulders. She generally likes to wear dresses and comfortable shoes, and will generally try to keep her hair in a bun or brain, thou some strands (mostly the ones in the front) manage to get out and tickle her cheeks.

Her face is heart shaped, with large round eyes and a small nose and freckles on her nose and cheeks.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Claire was quite taken aback by his outburst, wincing slightly. She really hated yelling. She had only come after him to check if he was alright, which he obviously is not, right after she told off those students who were chanting at the table.

She gave him a gentle smile “Relax, I only came to check if you were alright. I saw the game.” She gave him a worried look, then continued “It could have happened to anyone, so don’t sweat it, I’m sure you’ll do better next time! And anyway, people will be talking about something else within a week, and this will be forgotten.” She patted his arm lightly and motioned down the corridor with a grin on her freckled face “Now, how about we get ourselves some hot chocolate, eh? I know a secret passageway to the kitchens.”

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):
None

How did you find us?:
On the Harry Potter wikipedia.
« Last Edit: 29/04/2014 at 13:43 by Claire Douquette »

B. Llewellyn Thatcher

(29/04/2014 at 01:22)
  • Ravenclaw House Ghost
    • View Profile
Claire,

First off, welcome to HS.net! We couldn't be happier that the HP Wiki led you to us, and we cannot wait to see you roleplaying around the board!

Claire has such an interesting backstory! I also see that you have read up on our recent board plot, the Time Warp, and love that you have incorporated that into your biography! You have really done your research!

Two real quick and minor things that need addressing, and we can get you approved and playing with us! The first thing is Claire's birthday. You have it listed as May 20, 1941. Our current board year is 1941, so that would mean that Claire was just born (just an oversight, I am sure).  I love numbers, and I am all for helping people out, so if Claire is sorted as a fourth year, her birth year would be 1927 (and in case she is sorted as a fifth year, it would be 1926).

Also, you have listed in your appearance that Claire is 1 foot 3 inches. Was this a typo? If so, can you edit this as well, too? Once you've edited both the things mentioned, re-post your application and we will be more than happy to take another look! Can't wait to see you around the boards!

- B.
I won't sleep if you won't sleep, because tonight may be the
last chance we'll be given.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Claire Douquette

(29/04/2014 at 13:31)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4D5T3S4
    • View Profile
Ok, fixed the minor problems, so I think everything is ready to go now.

B. Llewellyn Thatcher

(29/04/2014 at 13:45)
  • Ravenclaw House Ghost
    • View Profile
Miss Douquette,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School has been accepted. Term begins 01 May 2014. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
B. Llewellyn Thatcher,
Ravenclaw House Ghost/Duelling Coordinator
Sooner or later this cold, it's gonna break
so our hands will be warm again.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Claire Douquette

(29/04/2014 at 13:47)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4D5T3S4
    • View Profile
Thank you!   :D