Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Irina Borovsky  (Read 774 times)

Irina Borovsky

(03/04/2014 at 15:46)
  • 5th Year
  • C6D4T5S5
  • Donor
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Irina Karolina Borovsky

Birthday: February, 15th

Hometown: UK, Chesire.

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination

Year (pick two): 5th, 6th

Biography:

Mama, will Feliks go to heaven as well?”

“No, Irina.”

She paused, glancing down at the large lump of grey fur that had settled beside her bed. Feliks was her wolf, just as Simargl was Sevastian’s. She tilted her head, confusion in her dark eyes.

“Why?”

Her mother sighed, “Because Feliks has no soul, Irina.”

No soul?

Everyone had a soul, it was what would one day would go up to heaven while there body would rot in the earth. But why didn’t Feliks have a soul? He was just as part as the family as she was, the girl almost considered the wolf to be another sibling. Feliks had been attached to her since she was brought home from the Hospital as a baby. It had been her protector, an spent most of his time watching over her, much as her brothers did, although, Feliks had often protected the girl from her brothers attacks on her, mainly when they thought it would be funny to tickle her.

“Cant I bring him with me? I can share my soul.”

Her mother simply shook her head, “No Irina, it is as it is, and animals do not have souls, there is no place for them in God’s kingdom.”

“I do not understand.”

Her mother smiled and kissed her forehead before tucking the blankets around her and switching off her nightlight. She paused at the doorway, uttering a quick goodnight before disappearing, and Irina was alone. She couldn’t understand why God didn’t give animals souls, heaven wouldn’t be paradise without Feliks by her side, would it? She pouted before patting her bed slightly and feeling the heavy weight settle down beside her.

Wolves weren’t allowed on the furniture and mother would have a fit if she found out, but she didn’t feel safe if she wasn’t tucked safely beside her grey guardian, with her nose in his fur. She wondered what she should pray about before she tried to fall asleep, perhaps she’ll ask God to bless Sevastian’s motorcycle, she didn’t want him to fall and the idea of losing her brother was terrible.

“God, I hope you where listening to my discussion with mama. I think its just unfair that you wont let me take Feliks with me when I die. He’s my best friend, so tonight I ask you, please give Feliks a soul, and Simargl, so they can protect us in paradise. Amen.”

She nodded and pressed closer to Feliks, the wolf didn’t move but sighed heavily and closed his own eyes. She wondered if her brothers did this as well, Sevastian seemed to get into a lot of trouble so she wouldn’t be surprised. Stefan was calmer then his older twin and perhaps had a bit more sense, but she dare not say that in front of Sev.

The thought that she would be at Hogwarts alone this year saddened her. She couldn’t bring Feliks as he was way to large, and her brothers had graduated last year and sought out there own life, away from school. But the again, Sevastian wasn’t there to frighten all the boys away, she grinned at the idea. Victoria had had a boyfriend at the age of thirteen, so why couldn’t she have one. But then again, weren’t dates high maintenance? She certainly wasn’t interested in being all mushy and holding hands.

Perhaps there was no hope for her after all.

She’d probably ask Stassie about it, but she certainly had not expiriance with boy, but getting her cousins opinion seemed like a good idea, she shrugged and snuggled deeper into her pillow. If she found a boyfriend, she’d have to make sure he was a pureblood, mother would be horrified if she brought home anything else. A large yawn escaped her, being a Borovsky was difficult and quite frankly, in her opinion, she had to many cousins. How was she suspected to know all their names? She didn’t even like most of them.

She rolled over, hearing a small growl coming from Feliks.

“I’m sorry! I just cant get comfortable.”

She put her hand over to the wolf and stroked his fur, scratching around his white tipped ears. Summer has finally here and tomorrow she would be shipped of to camp. The idea made her smile, there was always plenty of fun around Camp Loki, and she was thrilled to find out what it looked like this year. Last year she had flourished in the cold, the snow was wonderful and reminded her of winter at home.

It had taken some time to persuade Mama and Papa to let her go, but finally they had given in. Her mother, however, had lectured her about boys and that she was now a young woman and had to act like one. Of course she acted like a woman, I mean, she didn’t do the whole dress thing, but pants was ok, right?

“Night Feliks.”

And she finally drifted off to sleep.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Gryffindor

Personality:

Irina is rather different from both her brothers. She’s an outgoing girl and often sparks up conversations with new students. She’s prone to causing trouble and often goes off to find something entertaining to do, which is usually pulling horrible pranks on her elders. She’s brave and perhaps slightly too headstrong for her own good as she is not afraid of a risk and a bit of a scolding. She has good sense of humor, cracking jokes when situations get awkward, she’s good with people and is often surrounded by a group of friends.

She’s extremely curious and wont leave a question alone until she is completely satisfied with the answer, usually annoying the other person with her questions. She’s known to pester her parents about things she doesn’t understand and often asks about things that a girl her age shouldn’t even speak about. She has a quick tongue and wont hesitate to challenge those who challenge her, she isn’t the type to back down. She is a slight hot head and easily gets angry at those who annoy her, sometimes, she tends to hit rather then argue.

She isn’t particularly bright in the classroom and is prone to forget to study for tests and doesn’t hand in projects, which causes great distress with her parents. She’s been grounded more times then she can count and still refuses to bother with her schoolwork.

Appearance:

Irina has a small frame and a slender figure. She has a tiny waist, which is rather toned from the amount of physical activity she does. She has long legs and often towers over the girls in her classroom, which bothers her immensely. However, since puberty, she has gained her woman figure, which pleases her. She often finds herself jealous of Victoria and tries to imitate her appearance, curling her brown locks and attempting to put on a bit of makeup.

She has long brown hair that reaches beyond her breastbone which she often curls. Her eyes are almond shaped and dark brown, with dark lashes framing them and curved dark brows. She has a set of full lips, that are often seen curved in a grin. When she smiles, a row of straight white teeth can be seen. Her skin is rather tanned as she enjoys spending time outside, however she is prone to burning as she never applies sunscreen.

She doesn’t dress especially girly, and is more often seen in pants then skirts. Her mother would much rather prefer her daughter dressed like a lady, however Irina isn’t particularly enthusiastic about that.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

She was famished.

After the hectic Quidditch game, she was sweaty, exhausted and desperately needed something to eat. She pulled of her Quidditch uniform before changing into something cooler. She felt refreshed as she washed her face with freezing water. She felt slightly better, however she could still feel her muscles ache as she walked out of the locker room, she smiled to a few teammates and congratulated them for the victory. It was a close game and she had feared that they would loose, however some kid had literally handed them the cup.

She felt sorry for whoever had caused the others teams loss, she was sure he was receiving numerous lectures and comments from his teammates and it probably wasn’t pleasant at all. She frowned as she fell in line with one of her teammates as they strolled together towards the main hall, the scent of food filled her nostrils as she breathed in deeply and grinned. One thing about Hogwarts was that the food was absolutely fantastic. It was even better then Mama’s pie and that was defidently a compliment in her eyes.

She glanced around the main hall, and settled down beside her housemates. She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear before dishing up a salad for herself. Her mother would have scolded her and try to convince her to eat something that would put a little meat on her bones, however she shrugged the thought away and dug in. She joked around with some of her team mates, cracking jokes about the game and calling her friend a bone head for almost knocking the bludger towards her. He laughed and winked, stating that he was aiming for her.

She smiled. Her table suddenly burst out in a victory chant and she soon joined in with a large grin on her face. However, she noticed movement behind her and turned to look at who on earth was leaving when the hall was in just an uproar. Her face sank when she recognized the young boy who had dropped the Quaffle. He looked to be around twelve or thirteen years old, and she was positive that he felt like a complete git.

She stood up and followed him, perhaps she could give him a lesson, if he would accept the offer. She considered herself a fairly good Quidditch player and it wouldn’t disturb her schedule to squeeze in an hour or two teaching the kid. He stormed off, and she felt that perhaps he wanted some time alone, she paused and bit her lip. She was just about to turn around to trot back towards her friends when the boy rounded on her, he was furious and red in the face, she assumed that he had been crying.

"WHAT! Haven't you ever seen a loser before? Why don't you just take a picture!"

She pursed her lips and tilted her head slightly, “I don’t see a loser anywhere, and why on earth would I want to waste my film by taking a picture of one? Relax kid, everyone gets humiliated, you should learn to deal with it.”

She paused.

“Tell you what, I’ll give you a lesson if you’d like, and perhaps we should get you a pair of gloves, it’ll prevent the Quaffle from slipping from your hands.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): Bianca Chevailer

How did you find us?:

Tumblr

Isabelle Valentine

(04/04/2014 at 02:36)
  • Youth Case Worker
  • C12D6T17S11
  • Superlative Winner - Most Practical
    • View Profile
Hi there!

Your application looks wonderful! Really, I just want to clarify one small thing: I love Irina's relationship with her pet wolf. It's very sweet, and was one of my favorite parts of the app. Unfortunately, though, because a wolf is not on the standard list of pets (a cat, a rat, a toad, or an owl), she wouldn't be able to bring him to Hogwarts without obtaining special permission from her Head of House. I couldn't tell from the app if the intention was to bring Feliks. If not, just post here and let us know and we'll get you accepted!

Thanks!

- Izzy
Well, I’m not such a sweet thing
I wanna do everything
What a beautiful feeling

♦♦♦

Irina Borovsky

(04/04/2014 at 03:58)
  • 5th Year
  • C6D4T5S5
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Hi! She isn't planning on bringing Feliks with her. He stays at home :) Sorry if it was a bit unclear!

* Wesley Winsday

(04/04/2014 at 05:59)
  • Auror-in-Training
  • C20 D10 T14 S11
    • View Profile
Miss Borovsky,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School has been accepted. Term begins 01 May 2014. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
Wesley W. Winsday,
Professor of Charms

Tags: