Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Sophie Lebovitz  (Read 860 times)

Sophie Lebovitz

(23/08/2012 at 02:39)
  • Head Nurse
  • C17 D18 T16 S13
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Sophie Lebovitz

Education: 
Home School,Beauxbatons Academy of Magic

Residence:
London,England

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No,Thank You

Requested Magic Levels: (see here on how to do this)
If you want levels above the usual 32 total, please read the roleplay instructions carefully upon scrolling down.
  • Charms: 17
  • Transfiguration: 10
  • Divination: 15
  • Summoning: 13
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No, Thank You

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Autumn Holland

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
My name is Sophie Lebovitz. I came from a small farm at Maine-et-Loire, France with my muggle family. I have an older brother and sister that had always bug me around. I thought I was an ordinary little girl like the rest; I have blond hair, light brown eyes, and light skin. But, one day I found out that I was different from the rest of the girls, I had magical powers that I have never seen. I was able to lift objects with my mind, but didn't last long. Until, the neighbor had found out through the window doing magic. Since the villages are highly religious they told the whole village that Satan possessed me. They were afraid of me and kept their distance away from my family and I.

My mother was afraid to send me to school because other children will pick on me. My parents will home school me at home. My parents were proud that I was the only witch in the family. My mom and I will spend everyday cooking at the kitchen. That was the reason I love cooking and became a hobby to me. When I turn 11 years old, I received a letter from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. I was happy that I was leaving to learn magic and on the bright side it’s an art school. They offered culinary arts in which I adored so much.

During my years at Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, I have learned a lot from the wizard world. I got the chance to met new student from all place of Paris. Once I graduate from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, I would like to open a mini school for young children between 5-9.

Roleplay: (If you are requesting Exceptional levels - above 32 total - please respond to the roleplay and questions here instead)
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
Sophie was walking among many witches and wizards. It was the worst day to go shopping. Every store had a sale and who blame themselves if people can get lost in these kind of crowd. She felt like she couldn't breath when walking down the streets. She found room in a little dark space. As she was standing there for a while. She heard a little girl said,

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She felt bad for the lost girl. You can see in her eyes that she is terrified. Good thing their was a near cafe shop. She took the little girl to the cafe shop to get something to eat. She order some cookies and milk. She smile at her.

Sophie told her, " Don't worry darling, will find your parents pretty soon."

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

SHOPKEEPER QUESTIONS
Answer these questions only if you are applying to be a shopkeeper as well.

Shop name: Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts
Shop Description (200 words minimum):
I wouldn’t call it a shop. This place is where children from 5-9 year old children who want to fulfill a career in arts or will like to attend Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. You can call this a studio or something but is for the children to role-play more. You may think of it as a school but I don’t want it to be big. I would offer similar course like Beauxbatons Academy of Magic like acting, dancing, art, and music. I would take them to different stores and look at schools. This is a great opportunity for young children to attend. There will be professors that I will need, but I would recruit them.

Furthermore, I would like if the Ministry of Magic to support me with this mini school if possible.  This mini school will be for future Beauxbatons student or artists in the wizarding world.  This mini school will change children lives and create more children. This mini school will have short lesson and activities. I hope that the Ministry of Magic will let me open this mini school and support. Also, if some of the children can attend some classes from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic.

What purpose will this shop serve other than selling things and being the home of your character? Why would people want to RP there just for fun?
The purpose is to teach young artistes to attend this mini school and will take classes.

EXCEPTIONAL LEVELS
Answer these questions only if you are requesting levels above 32.

Why are you requesting higher than usual levels? e.g. Is your character a professor/auror/etc.? (1-2 sentences minimum):
Type your response here

Roleplay:

Mr. Grunch smirked as stepped into the shadows beneath the overhanging eaves at the side of the street. There was a sort of alcove here, where two buildings came together, and the wall was set back just a couple of feet to make space for a drain from the battered lead guttering. It made it difficult to see if anyone was standing there until you were almost on top of it, and the shape of the roof up above cast an almost permanent shadow even then.

There were a number of such places along Knockturn Alley and Mr. Grunch knew them all.

Seeing nobody was nearby, he quickly cast the concealment spell that would obscure his features, making him unrecognisable, just a blur beneath the cowl of his thick, but worn, robes. He knew his target, had identified them some time before, as they entered the Alley. He had shadowed them, discretely, and now, he knew, they were heading back out again, towards the safety of the better lit Diagon Alley.

He heard the footsteps approaching. This was it, then. Just before they reached the alcove, he stepped out suddenly in front of his target, wand raised and ready.

"Give me all yer galleons, and any jewellery yer got! Don't try to hide nothin', 'cos I'll know, right? Do it now!"

Roleplay Response:
Type your response here

J. Walsingham

(23/08/2012 at 22:38)
  • Gryffindor House Head
    • View Profile
Hello there!

Lovely application, but just a few things before we can move it along:

1) In your application, you say Sophie is 23. Mind expanding a little bit more in your biography about what happened to her in between graduating from Beauxbatons and now (students graduate at around 17-18)? Also, if she is originally French, why is she opening a school here in London? What inspired her to teach in the first place?

2) I'm afraid that there's already a theatre and school for the performing arts here at Diagon Alley. What would make your school different? Also, where would your school be located - in Hogsmeade? Diagon Alley? Knockturn Alley?

3) You requested levels way above the usual 32 for adult characters (17+10+13+15 = 55). Would you mind editing them so that they're either 32 or below, or doing the correct roleplay for the exceptional levels and explaining why Sophie's levels are so high?

4) In your RP sample, you controlled Dianne's actions as well (saying that Sophie took her to the cafe means that the other player can't decide whether or not she wants to go with Sophie). Mind rewriting the sample so that you are no longer powerplaying?

If you could repost your edited application as a reply to this thread, we'd be happy to take a second look!

-- Wally.

Sophie Lebovitz

(24/08/2012 at 04:47)
  • Head Nurse
  • C17 D18 T16 S13
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Sophie Lebovitz

Education: 
Home School,Beauxbatons Academy of Magic

Residence:
London,England

Owner & Director

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No,Thank You

Requested Magic Levels: (see here on how to do this)
If you want levels above the usual 32 total, please read the roleplay instructions carefully upon scrolling down.
  • Charms: 14
  • Transfiguration: 9
  • Divination: 5
  • Summoning: 4
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No, Thank You

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Autumn Holland

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
My name is Sophie Lebovitz. I came from a small farm at Maine-et-Loire, France with my muggle family. I have an older brother and sister that had always bug me around. I thought I was an ordinary little girl like the rest; I have blond hair, light brown eyes, and light skin. But, one day I found out that I was different from the rest of the girls, I had magical powers that I have never seen. I was able to lift objects with my mind, but didn't last long. Until, the neighbor had found out through the window doing magic. Since the villages are highly religious they told the whole village that Satan possessed me. They were afraid of me and kept their distance away from my family and I.

My mother was afraid to send me to school because other children will pick on me. My parents will home school me at home. My parents were proud that I was the only witch in the family. My mom and I will spend everyday cooking at the kitchen. That was the reason I love cooking and became a hobby to me. When I turn 11 years old, I received a letter from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. I was happy that I was leaving to learn magic and on the bright side it’s an art school. They offered culinary arts in which I adored so much.

During my years at Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, I have learned a lot from the wizard world. I got the chance to met new student from all place of Paris. Once I graduate from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. I got a job at Franco & Jason's Italian Eaterie as a chef.I was there about a year and got bored with it. I wanted to change to something more fun. I applied at Beauxbatons Academy of Magic as professor and got a job as a culinary art professor. This year they let me go to find other teachers. From there I loved teaching and adore talking to teenagers. In which later inspired me to open a small dramatic art school for young children.

Roleplay: (If you are requesting Exceptional levels - above 32 total - please respond to the roleplay and questions here instead)

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
Sophie was walking among many witches and wizards. It was the worst day to go shopping. Every store had a sale and who blame themselves if people can get lost in these kind of crowd. She felt like she couldn't breath when walking down the streets. She found room in a little dark space. As she was standing there for a while. She heard a little girl said,

She felt bad for the lost girl. You can see in her eyes that she is terrified. Sophie took a deep breath and smile at her. She said, " Don't worry honey, will find your parents in no time."

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

SHOPKEEPER QUESTIONS
Answer these questions only if you are applying to be a shopkeeper as well.

Shop name: Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts
Shop Description (200 words minimum):
I wouldn’t call it a shop. It will be at London,England where any age who want to fulfill a career in arts or will like to attend Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. You can call this a studio or something but is for the children to role-play more. You may think of it as a school but I don’t want it to be big. I would offer similar course like Beauxbatons Academy of Magic like acting, dancing, art, and music. I would take them to different stores and look at schools. This is a great opportunity for young children to attend. There will be professors that I will need, but I would recruit them.

Furthermore, I would like if the Ministry of Magic to support me with this mini school if possible.  This mini school will be for future Beauxbatons student or artists in the wizarding world.  This mini school will change children lives and create more children. This mini school will have short lesson and activities. I hope that the Ministry of Magic will let me open this mini school and support. Also, if some of the children can attend some classes from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. The different between any store/ mini schools is that this school is for residents or young children that weren't able to attend Beauxbatons or any art school. For those who want a change in their life or just take it for fun. This is my vision and dream to open Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts.

What purpose will this shop serve other than selling things and being the home of your character? Why would people want to RP there just for fun?
The purpose is to teach young artistes to attend this mini school and will take classes.

J. Walsingham

(24/08/2012 at 14:58)
  • Gryffindor House Head
    • View Profile
Hey hello!

We're almost there, and just a few things more:

1. Thanks for doing the edits! That said, Franco & Jason's Eatery is actually run by characters played here - I hope you've asked for their players' permission before referring to Sophie's working there (unless Sophie's already RPd working there in a thread before, and I've just missed it).

2. Would you mind describing how your performing arts school would differ from the Phoenix House Theatre one? This is just so we don't have two of almost the same thing, and to avoid any conflict. Also, where in London is your school? Diagon Alley, Knockturn or Hogsmeade?

3. I'm afraid I can't speak for the Ministry as they seem to have their hands full since their takeover of the government. You do refer to having your future students also taking classes at Beauxbatons though, which is something you should ask the Beauxbatons Admin and G-Mods (Margot Lecuyier, Raphael Lecuyier) before you offer it.

Let's hope third time's the charm! Please post the edited app here and we'll see if we can get you your mini-school.

-- Wally.
« Last Edit: 24/08/2012 at 18:18 by J. Walsingham »

Tags: