Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: Simon Esau Davis  (Read 975 times)

Simon Esau Davis

(01/12/2011 at 21:47)
  • 1st Year
  • C2D0T1S1
    • View Profile
[/center]

THE BASICS
Name: Simon Esau Davis

Former Character's Name (if you had one): Will Lauria

CHARACTER DETAILS
House Request:
Gryffindor. Simon is outgoing and sociable, competative and more than a little brash. Being a Muggleborn through and through Slytherin is not for him. He is not in any way interested in studying and I feel he's far too loud and insensitive to be a Hufflepuff.

Year: 
Type in your two year choices here.
1st pls or 2nd if there's no other choice

Bloodline:
Muggleborn

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination[/i]

Biography:
Simon is the 9th child out of 13. Consequently his house was very busy and loud during his early childhood. There was always someone to talk to, to play with, to fight with and to wind up.

Simon's parents were 1st cousins who fell for one another before they realised that they were related. When his Mother fell pregnant with Abraham, the couple were traumatised by the thought that he would be born a freak. When the baby was born perfect they thanked God for the miracle and dedicated their lives to raising their baby and the following 12 children in a strictly pure and Christian house hold. This, in their minds, meant regular beatings and confession for their children's misdemeanours, lest one of their progeny grow up to be flawed, a reflection of their sin.

Teddy, his older sister, was the first to show Magical prowess which of course was interpreted as some evil taint. She had been trouble from the start and the incident where her Magic was shown overtly was the final straw. His sister, one of his closest friends was taken away, dumped in London, and wouldn't return into his life for another 2 years.

The event that brought the siblings back together was regrettably an unhappy one. Simon and Teddy's parents died this April in a tragic 'accident' that freed their children from their tyranny and left the family fragmented.

Simon is relieved that his older sister will be at the school, but he is still understandably wary of Magic after a lifetime of indoctrination. He accepts that he must learn to control his powers but he is not comfortable with this new facet of his person.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Please include these sections if they are not addressed in your biography.

Personality:
Simon is from a huge family and so likes to be surrounded by lots of people. He makes friends easily but feels out of his depth in the Magical World so he might take a term or two to really find his feet. He's firendly, excitable and doesn't know the meaning of tact. He has trouble telling right form wrong and will most likely be getting a few detentions. He loves football, I imagine his enthusiasm for quidditch will be much the same once he gets used to it. He is a little scared by Magic and his own powers at this point in time and would really rather be back home with his Muggle friends.

Appearance:
Simon has longish dark brown hair and brown eyes. He's about average build and height for his young age but he'll be tall once his growth spurt hits. Football keeps him fit so he has lots of energy.

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY
You come across one of these three posts on the site. Please reply to one only as your character would.
*** Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not James' or Astrid's.

Option I:

Blimey, the Great Hall was packed. It seemed like everywhere a guy looked there was some clown waving around a House banner or yelling about the game.

'Can you believe it?' 'No way!' 'This must be the biggest upset in Hogwarts Quidditch history...'

Stupid Quidditch.

James flopped into an empty seat at the end of the table, shoved an empty plate out of the way, and let his head sink onto his crossed arms, squishing his freckled nose down flat against the tabletop. He wasn't sure why he'd even bothered to come here, since he definitely wasn't hungry. He'd probably never eat again, in fact. He didn'tdeserve to eat. He hadn't stopped in the locker room to change out of his muddy, sweaty uniform after the game either, because he was pretty sure he probably didn't deserve to be clean too; and anyway he couldn't stand to see the looks on his team mates' faces after he blew their chance at winning one of the biggest games they had ever played.

Just one lousy shot. That's all it would have taken. If he could have just got that one stupid foul shot to go through that one stupid hoop, they could have won and he wouldn't have been the biggest blockhead in the entire school.

As if to prove the point, half the people at the next table suddenly broke into a loud victory chant. James pressed his face further into his arms to hide the bright red blotches he could feel creeping up his cheeks. That was it. He was just going to have to run away and move to Nova Scotia. He'd just cost the three-year-in-a-row Champions the Quidditch Cup! How do you ever live that one down for crying out loud? He was only a second year and he was going to spend the rest of his life as 'that dumb cry-baby kid who dropped the Quaffle!'

It felt like every set of eyes in the room was boring into him, and James couldn't stand it anymore. He jerked himself back up from the table and stomped right back out of the Hall the same way he had come in. As he stormed into the quieter hallway outside, he could hear footsteps somewhere behind him. James rounded on the sound and began to shout, his brown eyes shining with tears. "WHAT! Haven't you ever seen a loser before? Why don't you just take a picture!"

Sample Roleplay Response: Type in your response here.

"I thought I had, until I saw you play today. What the hell were you doing out there?"

Simon was still muddy himself and just as painfully aware of the victory songs echoing around the great hall as James was. He had noticed that the other boy was on the verge of tears but he didn't care, he felt like crying himself after the game that they had just lost. It was not just a game, it was his, Simon's, reputation that had been on the line. That pretty Ravenclaw from the library wouldn't look at him twice now... and it was all this guy's fault.

Team solidarity meant nothing to him at this moment as he looked down at his housemate with what amounted to disgust. It might have been true that they all could have played better today, but it was much easier on his pride if he focused on James' big mistake.

"I'm going to talk to the captain and make sure you never play on our team again!"

Simon was too angry right now, he had to leave because he felt like hitting the boy and that was way too far. His empty threat would have to do for now but he was sure that wouldn't be the end of it. Turning on his heel he stomped back out of the Great Hall, heading towards the grounds. He didn't want to see his room mates' faces right now it was probably better to get some air and cool off...

* Anneka Ivanova

(02/12/2011 at 06:44)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Mr. Davis,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 01 January. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus for the holiday. You may also wish to visit the Elsewhere board to purchase your school supplies. Both the Summer and Elsewhere boards may be accessed via the Floo Network. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Sincerely,

Anneka Ivanova
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: