Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Anders, Adolpha  (Read 1302 times)

* Adolpha Anders

(05/12/2017 at 16:51)
  • Unemployed
  • C7D8T6S7
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Adolpha Hida Anders

Birthday: 24 December 1936

Hometown: Berlin, Germany

Bloodline: Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one): Transfiguration

Year (pick two): Sixth, Seventh

Biography: I am a child of World War II; born of a union between a Nazi of the Third Reich and a staunch follower of the Hexenreich. As a child, hidden beneath the city of Berlin while bombs rained down, I was thought to be lost. I wasn't. I'm living proof wars can have good outcomes too. Now I'm here in England to find my mother, Nixia Ott.

I was pulled from the wreckage of a building, stones upon my arms and legs, and limp as a ragdoll; Mrs. Dunst has recounted the story on more than one occasion. The sounds of screams filled the air as people frantically searched for survivors, friend and foe alike, among the war-torn buildings that had crumpled around them. Mrs. Dunst said I was separated from my family when the tunnel we hid in collapsed and divided the group in half. All I know is I haven't seen nor heard anything of my family since that day. At least, not until I got a whiff of a faction calling themselves the Hexenreich. The group was gaining a bit of notoriety in Europe before I saw her face in the paper. I didn't recognize her immediately, it was a face I had not seen in many years, but I knew within my heart it was hers. The face of Nixia Ott. My mother. No sooner had I found her though, the Hexenreich were shattered and the trail went dark. Now, with the blessing of Mrs. Dunst, I have decided to transfer to the last known place my Mother was seen. I'm nearly of age and still have much to learn of this world, this I know, but as my last living blood relative I owe her this. I owe my entire life to her.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Adolpha pursed her lips, the crimson-stained pillows puckering slightly as she heard the faintest of calls from somewhere in the dungeon. Emma Birch...? The name didn't strike a chord within the fiery redhead despite her having tried her best to remember the names of her new classmates. Their real names were little in comparison though to the ones she had so thoughtfully assigned them in her head. Gently she turned her gaze upwards, then to her left and back to her right before slowly turning a full one hundred and eighty degrees to face the opposite direction.

She was hopelessly lost.

"Hello?" she called out to no one in particular. She had yet to see a single student since wandering down to the dungeons, only the faint call of someone who sounded very far off. Adolpha inhaled sharply. You've got this, she told herself assuredly as she nodded once and headed in a north-west direction, or at least she was sure it was. The stones that comprised the passageway were all wet and covered in a film. Time began to slip away from her as she zigged and zagged throughout unrecognizable corridors, her chocolate brown eyes frantically searching for a signal indicating the exit. The same chocolate brown eyes failed to see the young girl standing in the hallway and she promptly slammed into her, emitting a blood-curdling scream as she did so.

Adolpha wasn't ready to die, not yet.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have  on the site (current and previous): Zailey Pavlova, Viktoria Borovsky, Jezebel Morgenstern, Elizabeth Waters, James Waters

How did you find us?: I was here a long time and then disappeared. RL. *sighs*

Calypso Ross

(10/12/2017 at 11:00)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Hi Adolpha, welcome back!

There's just a couple of things you'll need to edit before we can get you accepted.

Firstly, the minimum word count for biographies for 4th years and above is 300 words. Yours falls just a little short of this, so if you could add a little more to Adolpha's story that would be great.

Secondly, in your RP sample, you have Adolpha slam into Evangeline. If this were a real thread, that might be considered powerplay. If you could have Adolpha heading on a collision course for Evangeline instead (i.e. not having yet collided with her), that would resolve this and allow Evangeline's player the choice to step aside.

Once you've made the required changes, please repost your entire revised application below, and we'll be more than happy to take another look. Thanks!
look out! look out!
'CAUSE EACH TIME I FALL
I'LL BE CRASHING DOWN
RIGHT THROUGH YOUR ARMS

* Adolpha Anders

(18/12/2017 at 14:52)
  • Unemployed
  • C7D8T6S7
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Adolpha Hida Anders

Birthday: 24 December 1936

Hometown: Berlin, Germany

Bloodline: Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one): Transfiguration

Year (pick two): Sixth, Seventh

Biography: I am a child of World War II; born of a union between a Nazi of the Third Reich and a staunch follower of the Hexenreich. As a child, hidden beneath the city of Berlin while bombs rained down, I was thought to be lost. I wasn't. I'm living proof wars can have good outcomes too. Now I'm here in England to find my mother, Nixia Ott.

I was pulled from the wreckage of a building, stones upon my arms and legs, and limp as a ragdoll; Mrs. Dunst has recounted the story on more than one occasion. The sounds of screams filled the air as people frantically searched for survivors, friend and foe alike, among the war-torn buildings that had crumpled around them. Mrs. Dunst said I was separated from my family when the tunnel we hid in collapsed and divided the group in half. All I know is I haven't seen nor heard anything of my family since that day.

At least, not until I got a whiff of a faction calling themselves the Hexenreich. The group was gaining a bit of notoriety in Europe before I saw her face in the paper. I didn't recognize her immediately, it was a face I had not seen in many years, but I knew within my heart it was hers. The face of Nixia Ott. My mother. No sooner had I found her though, the Hexenreich were shattered and the trail went dark.

Now, with the blessing and continual guidance of Mrs. Dunst, I have decided to transfer to the last known place my Mother was seen. Together the two of us will make our way through the city. I'm nearly of age and still have much to learn of this world, this I know, but as my last living blood relative I owe her this. I owe my entire life to her.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Adolpha pursed her lips, the crimson-stained pillows puckering slightly as she heard the faintest of calls from somewhere in the dungeon. Emma Birch...? The name didn't strike a chord within the fiery redhead despite her having tried her best to remember the names of her new classmates. Their real names were little in comparison though to the ones she had so thoughtfully assigned them in her head. Gently she turned her gaze upwards, then to her left and back to her right before slowly turning a full one hundred and eighty degrees to face the opposite direction.

She was hopelessly lost.

"Hello?" she called out to no one in particular. She had yet to see a single student since wandering down to the dungeons, only the faint call of someone who sounded very far off. Adolpha inhaled sharply. You've got this, she told herself assuredly as she nodded once and headed in a north-west direction, or at least she was sure it was. The stones that comprised the passageway were all wet and covered in a film. Time began to slip away from her as she zigged and zagged throughout unrecognizable corridors, her chocolate brown eyes frantically searching for a signal indicating the exit. The same chocolate brown eyes failed to see the young girl standing in the hallway until it was too late and she swerved in an attempt to miss her.

Adolpha wasn't ready to die, not yet.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have  on the site (current and previous): Zailey Pavlova, Viktoria Borovsky, Jezebel Morgenstern, Elizabeth Waters, James Waters

How did you find us?: I was here a long time and then disappeared. RL. *sighs*

* Ella Galanis

(18/12/2017 at 22:33)
  • Head of Ravenclaw
    • View Profile
Dear Miss Adolpha,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 1 January 2018. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies.

Yours sincerely,

Ella Galanis
Head of Ravenclaw
schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning
waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile
I watch her go with a surge of that well-known sadness
and I have to sit down for a while

Tags: adolpha anders