Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1951!

Author Topic: Reginals Wells  (Read 126 times)

Reginald Wells

(08/08/2017 at 21:09)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D0T1S1
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Reginals Wells

Birthday: 1939 December 24

Hometown: Langford, Norfolk

Bloodline: Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one): Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one): Divination
Year (pick two): First or Second

Biography:
Reginald never even once in his life could have imagined he would be invited to a magic school. No, actualy he could have imagined it he was big on daydreaming. He not even once in his life could have imagined his dad would have let him go. His dad was in the army. A general at that so they had a rather good life. Reginald was their only son and when the letter from Hogwarts came, a conversation popped up with it. His mother Frances told him. "You see Reggy sweety I and dad both love you very much and no matter what anyone else says you are our son! But well you are smart for your age we are not your biological parents. You are adopted. And it seems like the part of your life that is not with us is in this Hogwarts."

At first, Reginald was insecure about it all. Magic and distant school where he would be cast away from his family. But at the same time, he was sick of living in Langford. He wasn't even a proper teen yet and he was one of the smartest kids around. He took advanced classes in mathematics and played competitive chess. On top of that, he had no real friends here. Just classmates. When ever he was home it was chores or he was reading books. He had almost finished the local library. Well, if you did not count the section Reginald called housewife books. You know the ones about romance and the 'real life' the ones he was truly bored with. This seemed like an amazing opportunity to see something new. And if his mom was even willing to talk dad into this. Then she thought so as well.

Reginald really did not know what to expect so he was spending the remaining summer on exploring the subject of magic. And well, he came to one conclusion. All the books in the regular library were no good. Each one said a completely different thing about it. But he ended up learning some tricks with hiding coins from someone sight to pull them out of their ear lets say. It was really neat when done properly and the amazement on peoples faces was really cool.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:

Personality: Holeric/Phlegmatic. Depending on the mood can be completely calm or absolutely restless. The calm part usually is dominant. Doesn't get angry often but when he does it can be over the silliest of things like someone slurping soup at the diner. Curious and patient always takes the best course of action by his mind.

Appearance:
Black hair, rather thin and always combed over his head leaving a parting on his right side. His eyes are hazelnut brown and skin as pale as it gets.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.
Option I:
Reginald had heard the so called challenge by the mean girls to this gullible first year Gryffindor. And he was quite curious himself so he decided to follow the girl. He really did not know much of her but he was certain they had a class together. She was usually silent and did not leave much of an impression. But all that was waiting for Reginald back at the common room was homework so this was a way more adventurous option.

He silently sneaked after the girl and he could see how she got more and more scared by the second. She got stiff and started to move slower. He all of a sudden got the urge to scare her out of her pants. It would serve her right being so gullible. Little dummy!

She yelled out the name of a girl who had died here. And Reginald could not say he was comfortable with that. But anyway he sneaked up on her and shouted. "Who dares to ruin my sleep!" And as he said the last words he tried grabbing her by her hips ready to hear some screaming.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous):

How did you find us?: Google.
« Last Edit: 09/08/2017 at 22:10 by Reginald Wells »

* Calypso Ross

(09/08/2017 at 21:28)
  • Auror - Hit Wizard
  • C22D20T20S18
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Hi Reginald, welcome to the site!

Your application looks great so far, there's just one small thing we'll need you to change before we can get you accepted.

In your roleplay sample, you state:
And as he said the last words he grabbed her by her hips ready to hear some screaming.

If Evangeline were a played character, it's possible that her player might consider Reginald grabbing her as slight powerplaying. If you could edit this to be a little less certain of the action succeeding (something like 'he tried/attempted to grab her by the hips' would be fine), that would solve this issue nicely.

Once you've made the required change, please repost your entire revised application below, and we'll be more than happy to take another look. Thanks!

GRYFFINDOR
Glory Roars

#O69 GALANIS

Reginald Wells

(09/08/2017 at 22:07)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D0T1S1
    • View Profile
There it's edited :) but I have RPed for years even won awards for it I have literally hundreds of RP's under my belt and I don't get it how you could consider that a powerplay? She has, ungrabbable hips? Or is my characters skills of sneaking in question? I did not do anything to the other character besides touching. Is this a running problem here where you are not allowed to create any physical interaction between characters or what is it? If this is a constant problem I don't know if this place is for me. I personally would consider her seeing him sneaking up to her a power play because how in the god's name could the character know about it? Only you as a reader and RPer know that. It's power playing putting someone in a situation where you are like. "No, you can't grab her because I don't feel like it." I mean it all explanations and everything it was not like just walked up to her poked her in the eye kicked her in the knee and I expected her to stand there still. I didn't even touch her reactions in any form or way. So please for the sake of my sanity could you clear it up for me how was it a power play?

Reginald Wells

(09/08/2017 at 22:10)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D0T1S1
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Reginals Wells

Birthday: 1939 December 24

Hometown: Langford, Norfolk

Bloodline: Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one): Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one): Divination
Year (pick two): First or Second

Biography:
Reginald never even once in his life could have imagined he would be invited to a magic school. No, actualy he could have imagined it he was big on daydreaming. He not even once in his life could have imagined his dad would have let him go. His dad was in the army. A general at that so they had a rather good life. Reginald was their only son and when the letter from Hogwarts came, a conversation popped up with it. His mother Frances told him. "You see Reggy sweety I and dad both love you very much and no matter what anyone else says you are our son! But well you are smart for your age we are not your biological parents. You are adopted. And it seems like the part of your life that is not with us is in this Hogwarts."

At first, Reginald was insecure about it all. Magic and distant school where he would be cast away from his family. But at the same time, he was sick of living in Langford. He wasn't even a proper teen yet and he was one of the smartest kids around. He took advanced classes in mathematics and played competitive chess. On top of that, he had no real friends here. Just classmates. When ever he was home it was chores or he was reading books. He had almost finished the local library. Well, if you did not count the section Reginald called housewife books. You know the ones about romance and the 'real life' the ones he was truly bored with. This seemed like an amazing opportunity to see something new. And if his mom was even willing to talk dad into this. Then she thought so as well.

Reginald really did not know what to expect so he was spending the remaining summer on exploring the subject of magic. And well, he came to one conclusion. All the books in the regular library were no good. Each one said a completely different thing about it. But he ended up learning some tricks with hiding coins from someone sight to pull them out of their ear lets say. It was really neat when done properly and the amazement on peoples faces was really cool.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:

Personality: Holeric/Phlegmatic. Depending on the mood can be completely calm or absolutely restless. The calm part usually is dominant. Doesn't get angry often but when he does it can be over the silliest of things like someone slurping soup at the diner. Curious and patient always takes the best course of action by his mind.

Appearance:
Black hair, rather thin and always combed over his head leaving a parting on his right side. His eyes are hazelnut brown and skin as pale as it gets.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.
Option I:
Reginald had heard the so called challenge by the mean girls to this gullible first year Gryffindor. And he was quite curious himself so he decided to follow the girl. He really did not know much of her but he was certain they had a class together. She was usually silent and did not leave much of an impression. But all that was waiting for Reginald back at the common room was homework so this was a way more adventurous option.

He silently sneaked after the girl and he could see how she got more and more scared by the second. She got stiff and started to move slower. He all of a sudden got the urge to scare her out of her pants. It would serve her right being so gullible. Little dummy!

She yelled out the name of a girl who had died here. And Reginald could not say he was comfortable with that. But anyway he sneaked up on her and shouted. "Who dares to ruin my sleep!" And as he said the last words he tried grabbing her by her hips ready to hear some screaming.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous):

How did you find us?: Google.

* Ella Galanis

(10/08/2017 at 16:16)
  • Head of Ravenclaw & C/S Professor; SRC - Head of Social Events & Fundraisers
    • View Profile
It's not so much that Evangeline's hips are ungrabbable, but more that, by grabbing her, you're just assuming that Reginald was able to easily do that. While it's totally up to you what your character does, it's also up to Evangeline's player to decide what happens to her character (i.e. being grabbed or moving out of the way). It's powerplaying to assume that Evangeline hasn't noticed Reginald/not give her a chance to notice or react. (I know I often sense if another person is watching me, even if it's just an uncomfortable sort of  feeling). Reginald might be great at sneaking, but Evangeline might be great at noticing sneaky people -- that would be up to her player to decide. By 'trying' to grab her instead, you leave things more open for the other player.

Having said all of that, this doesn't mean you're not allowed to create physical interaction between characters. In many cases, you will likely have discussed a plot/scenario with the other player already. In others, they might not mind (what you initially wrote might be considered slight powerplaying by some players). For the sake of applications, though, we always ask that any potential powerplaying be removed.

I hope that clears things up for you -- if not, feel free to PM me (preferably on my main account Calypso Ross), and we can discuss it further. Thank you for editing your post!

Dear Mr. Wells,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 1 September 2017. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies.

Yours sincerely,

Ella Galanis
Head of Ravenclaw

Tags: