We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Lucas Clarington-DuPont III  (Read 1864 times)

Lucas St. Oswald

(20/08/2015 at 01:51)
  • Lawyer
  • C12D6T7S8
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Lucas “Luc” Theodore Marion Clarington-DuPont III

Birthday: February 26th

Hometown:  Salem, Massachusetts, USA

Bloodline: Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Transfiguration

Year (pick two):  Preferably fourth year (alt: fifth)

Biography:

Lucas comes from a wealthy, ancient Wizarding family. His family has lived in Massachusetts for ages, living through the Salem Witch Trials (which Lucas will never let you forget). Naturally, his family was well-known at the Salem Institute of Magic and Lucas attended the school for a few years. He was able to slack off and get away with whatever he wanted at the Massachusetts Institute by just mentioning his family name. His friends at the Institute were either bought with money or threatened.

Lucas was very sheltered his entire life and has barely seen anything besides DuPont Manor and the Institute, which has consequently repressed his natural thirst for knowledge over the years and left him a very lonely individual. He never associates himself with anyone unless they are Purebloods like him, which has left him with a very narrow view of the world and very few life skills.

Lucas’ parents were too busy either taking business trips or running their multiple businesses to really care for their son or discipline him in any way. Due to his family’s wealth and prestige, Lucas has always felt the need to live up to the family name and hopes to surpass his parents and ancestors in fame and create a name for himself.

His parents are business tycoons who have been working with British companies and had been buying up businesses that would help the war effort (airplanes, ships, steel, crude oil, etc) for years and had been hoping to make millions of off the war. They were ecstatic when America entered the war in 1941, as that meant more profit. Recently, their multiple business ventures have forced them to move to Great Britain. Finally thinking of their son for once, they transferred Lucas from Salem to Hogwarts so that he could be nearby. Lucas plans to rule Hogwarts the same way he ruled Salem, but his family name won’t help him at all across the pond and it is far more likely that his view of the world will come crashing down the moment he ventures outside of his bubble.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

House Request:

Lucas would be a good fit for Slytherin, as he uses his heritage to exert power over others. He is not above using manipulation to get what he wants. Lucas enjoys being praised for his talents and strives to be the best at whatever he does. Ravenclaw is a great House for Lucas as well, as it would help Lucas to straighten himself out, finally depend on something other than his manipulation tactics and feed his quiet, nerdy side.

Personality:

Lucas is spoiled rotten. At best, he is petty, sarcastic towards most people, vain and a complete narcissist. Lucas thinks very highly of himself, and shows it through the permanent smirk plastered on his face. He believes appearance is everything and takes great pains to always look his best. He judges others by how they look as well and frowns upon people who aren’t dressed as nicely.

Deep under this bravado of vanity and shallowness, Lucas is a bit of a closeted nerd. He enjoys reading books and learning, but has not done so for ages as he has used his prestige to get by in life. He also has a whole host of fears (mostly magical creatures like trolls, centaurs and krups, but also common fears like heights, drowning and darkness) from stories that his nannies have told him, but attempts to hide his fears under disgust and hatred. He tries to keep his dignity intact at all times and detests mingling with “the common folk”.

Lucas enjoys having power and control over others, but has extremely poor leadership skills. He also enjoys the spotlight a little too much and has gone so far as only joining school clubs that would put him at the center of attention (i.e. Debate, Drama, head of the yearbook committee). He is very competitive and doesn’t stop pesky things like morals from getting in the way of a win. Lucas is also a massive perfectionist and extremely high-maintenance. The moment something doesn’t go his way, he throws a tantrum.

Appearance:

Lucas is small for his age (5’ 1”) and physically scrawny, as he’s always had someone else to fight his fights for him. He has a pale, almost rat-like, pointed face that almost always has a scowl or look of disgust plastered on it. He has short, black hair that’s always stylized with a quiff, packed with hair gel and obsessively combed. His eyes are a striking dark blue color.

He is fond of sweater-vests and corduroys. He makes sure his pants are always perfectly pleated (by someone else, of course) and that both his face and clothes are blemish-free and stain-free. It takes him over two hours just to get ready in the morning.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

Lucas didn’t care much for Quidditch, or even Quodpot while at The Salem Institute, but he loved watching others make fools out of themselves. Lucas spent most of the game hurling insults at the players and hoping someone would screw up. Today was his lucky day as one of the players made a huge blunder and cost his team the game. While stuffing his face in the Great Hall, Lucas spotted the student who dropped the Quaffle slumped at the table next to his. Lucas immediately took this opportunity to lead his table in a victory chant to further embarrass the student. Lucas smirked and sat back, satisfied with his handiwork.

After a few minutes of cheering, Lucas noticed the student get up and walk out of the hall. He hoped he would be able to torment the student further and quickly slipped out of the Great Hall behind him.

The student turned around suddenly and yelled “WHAT! Haven't you ever seen a loser before? Why don't you just take a picture!"

Lucas was taken aback and yelled back indignantly, “Excuse me? Do you have any idea who I am? How dare you speak to me in that tone!” Lucas began to flush red. “You listen here, butter fingers, I am Lucas Theodore Marion Clarington-DuPont III. I come from a long line of witches and wizards who survived the Salem Witch Trials. I will not be yelled at by a degenerate who cannot even catch a Quaffle!” Lucas walked away in a huff, but stopped halfway back to the Great Hall to add in a smug voice “I hope you enjoy the moniker of ‘Quaffle dropper’ for the rest of your time at Hogwarts.”

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous): N/A

How did you find us?: I originally played a character on PADs Hogwarts but the site disappeared. I was recommended this site by one of my friends from that site.

Aries Paladin

(20/08/2015 at 05:46)
  • Undesirable No. 2, Resistance Leader, Hit Wizard, Colonel of 42nd, Former General's Aide
  • C26D14T22S20
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Superlative Winner - Most Charming
    • View Profile

Dear Mr. Clarington-DuPont,

We are delighted to inform you that your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry has been accepted. Term will begin on September 1st, 2015. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki; your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we cordially invite you to spend your summer there if you so wish. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to purchase school supplies.

We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,

Aries Paladin
Auror, Aide to the General
Colonel of the 42nd Broom Battalion
VIVAT REX IN HOMINE
WATCH THE THRONE, DON'T STEP ON THE ROBE

Tags: