Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Cersei Viola Underwood  (Read 684 times)

Cersei Underwood

(01/08/2013 at 11:05)
  • Sophomore
  • C6D4T5S5
    • View Profile

Application for Salem Institute

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name:
Cersei Viola Underwood

Birthday:
July 23rd

Hometown:
New Orleans, Louisiana

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Magical Strength:
Charms

Magical Weakness:
Divination

Year (pick two):
5th and 6th

Biography:
Cersei was born in New Orleans which has a vast wizarding community. She was born to Admetos Underwood, a pureblood wizard and his wife Muggleborn witch, Costello Underwood (Nee Nightingale). Naturally Admetos' family would have been less than accepting of Costello, so Admetos made the decision to forsake his family for the love of his life but he wasn't going to give them the satisfaction of disowning him.  He broke into his family home to rip his page out of the book the they kept as evidence to the perfect pure bloodline, after burning his page he left a note saying "Thought I would save you the trouble of disowning me, I disown this family and I am going to live happily with my beautiful muggleborn girlfriend, BYE!", then escaped without notice wishing he had an invisibility cloak so he could see the look on his tyrant of a fathers face.

Needless to say Admetos never saw his family again apart from in the streets when they would either ignore him or yell obscenities at him, but he took in his stride as for the first time he was happy. He and Costello had four children, Asphodel, Milania, Rickon and Cersei.

Cersei was born the youngest into a very loving family with two doting parents, two fussy older sisters and a protective older brother. The Family own an Apothecary in Wizarding New Orleans and wit the business doing well Cersei has never really wanted for anything. Cersei is very close with her muggle family who are privy to the information of her heritage on her Father's side and think she and her siblings are the most amazing things in the world. She only knows her Father's family in passing as they yell slurs at her about her 'Mudblood' mother and 'Blood traitor' father but she and her siblings normally shrug it off with "Well at least I'm not inbred" as the Underwood Family had a history of wedding Cousins.

Growing up with her parents and the business she was in she grew to be extremely good with potions and her parents and siblings would teacher her basic magic in preparation for school.

When she got to school and saw she was in the same year as some pureblood estranged cousins who would try to bully her along with their pure-blooded friends which only made her determined to be than them in everything. She was already smarter and better looking than those "Inbred halfwits' as she called them but she trained to become a better flyer and took on as many extracurricular programmes as she could without hurting her studies and became a model student with some of the best grades in the year group

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

Society Request:
Which ever suits her personality.

Personality:
Cersei is loud and will tell anyone what she thinks of them and cannot stand being patronized. She can come across as a spoiled brat but she is far from. She will stand up for herself and cannot condone bullies and won't hesitate to knock them back down to earth, despite that she is a sweet girl as long as you're on the right side of her. She is a caring girl and will help someone if they come to her with a problem. She is very protective of those she cares about and would do anything for them even if it means self-sacrifice and she speaks her mind with no care for whose listening. Cersei has always had a drive to prove herself and to be the best at anything she does to prove to her father's estranged family that just because she is a Half-blood, doesn't make them better than her.

Appearance:
Cersei stands at 5'10 with a slender but curvy frame with an hourglass shape and C-cup chest and long legs. She has bright blue eyes and long, pale blonde and wavy hair with delicate facial feature with heavily lashed eyes. When in uniform she doesn't wear make up but her hair has to be perfectly styled before she leaves her dormitory and she tries to get away with her fitted blouses and skirt which is just above her knee but sometimes is told to change by a professor.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Cersei walked with a yawn and a stretch, she had been up most of the previous night doing the essay on the Muggle Civil War as she preferred to get all of her assignments out of the way before two days since it was set, which leave her time for her extracurricular activities. No wonder she was exhausted but the entire day being her usual jokey self but being attentive and by the time it came to meet Simon she'd hit the wall.

She took her sat across from Simon who seemed to be in deep thought reading his books, so she thought she would just leave him too it for now and took her stuff out of her bag and proof read her essay.

"How about I write the essay and stuff? You can just put your name on it. Sound good?"

She looked up at him half disgusted and half shocked, the first words he had said to her, who on earth did he think he was? She sat upright, looking him straight in the eye across the table.
"How about, no" she said in a serious tone, she was so tired and positively in no mood for his 'up his own' attitude.
"Simon, you listen and you listen well. I average Outstanding’s okay and I am not going to let that average suffer because of your work Okay?" She said in a clearly annoyed singsong tone as she put four pieces of rolled up parchment in front of the boy and the blonde gave him an indignant look.
"I already did mine and I was going to suggest we both write one and then put the best of both in the final essay but since you're so against working socially, maybe you should put your name on mine. At least that way we will both get an O" she said as she gave the boy a challenging look as if to say ' ball is in your court.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):
Madeline Holden, Katrin Killick and Veronique Renee Badeaux

How did you find us?:
Google

Eirwen Medraut

(01/08/2013 at 12:55)
  • Secrétaire Des Admission & Conseiller
  • C17D12T13S9
    • View Profile
Hello Cersei,

Your application is looking good, I just have a question before we can go ahead and accept you.

Since you are writing a lot about her muggleborn mother's family, I am wondering how she and her family reacted to theTime Warp when time reverted from 1974 to 1937 for the wizarding communities, and the muggles got left behind in 1974?

If you would please address that and repost your application below, we'd be happy to have another look!

- Eirwen Medraut

Cersei Underwood

(01/08/2013 at 22:18)
  • Sophomore
  • C6D4T5S5
    • View Profile
Hi,
 Thanks for the notes and I'll think on that but just one quick question.
If a Magical Character was in a muggle place at the time of the time warp would they be left behind?

Epona de Troyes

(02/08/2013 at 03:03)
Hi Cersei!

No matter where a wizard or witch was, muggleborn, halfblood or pureblood, anyone with magical blood and some squibs were carried into the 1930s by the Time Warp.  For example, children all over the world who had never been told they were magical sadly had discover it the hard way, and there are many orphaned muggleborn children in the wizarding world as a result.

Looking forward to the revised application!

- Epona

Tags: