Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: Hengist Remembrance Day  (Read 1579 times)

Carl Hopkins

(21/03/2017 at 23:44)
Hi guys, Carl here. ^^

I've always envisioned Hogsmeade village as one of those small areas in which the locals have this very close-knitted togetherness, if you know what I mean? Kind of like a place where 'everybody knows everybody', with many of the families having lived there for generations and one of the few places where kids don't HAVE to be overly formal with adults, having grown up around them.

I had this idea for a local holiday in honour of founding father of Hogsmeade on which its residents comes together to pay tribute and also celebrates the establishment of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy, seen as how their homes came to be after Hengist of Woodcroft was driven from his own by Muggle persecutors. I have this image in my head where they annually huddle together around this enormous bonfire on the High Street not unlike those used by Muggle witch hunters, throwing away and burning any bad memories they may hold. (Figuratively and literately). This is supposed to symbolize and be reminiscent of "a fresh start".

On this particular day, seen as how popular rumour has it that Hengist of Woodcroft lived there during medieval times, one meal and the first drink of your choice is on the house in Three Broomsticks Inn. Also, if any one witch or wizard take in on one of the rooms that day, the first day you stay there are free of charge, and families receives a discharge.
« Last Edit: 23/03/2017 at 12:07 by Carl Hopkins »

Tags: