Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Helene Paterson  (Read 1027 times)

Helene Paterson

(28/12/2011 at 05:44)

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Helene Violet Paterson

Education:  
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Community Applying To: 
Hogsmeade

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason? 
N/A

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, Children's Home, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
N/A

Special Phrase:
Tibbles Beard of Power

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Helene was a beautiful young woman-a lucky only child, born to a wealthy family of purebloods in Edinburgh, Scotland.  In her youth, she attended Hogwarts and excelled in her studies.  Musically gifted (a harpist) and intelligent, she had suitors from everywhere.  She was a bit of a flirt who had some flings before growing truly mature and serious about her future, as he family had always stressed to her.  Fed up with her radical decisions and conduct, her family forced her into an arranged marriage with the stuck-up, homely son of a prestigious pureblood family in London.  Instead of gaining control of Helene, however, they only caused her more pain and reason to rebel.

On the night of her twentieth birthday, Helene attended a concert in which Nathan Namgung, a prestigious pianist, played.  Stunned and moved to tears by the sheer beauty of his performance, she decided to pursue the man that had played so incredibly.  That night, she met him at the party held afterwards, and fell in love with his sweet smile, talent, and personality.  Later, she found that he was even a pureblood wizard from a long line in Korea.  After a few months, he proposed to her and they were engaged.  However, both their families refused to consent, so they ran away together.  Helene gave birth to a girl, Abigail, and then a boy, Rhys.  Gail was very beautiful and intelligent with a bright future, and Rhys was good-looking and had inherited his father's exceptional musical skill, taking up the violin.  It was a happy, successful family.  Then just as Rhys was about to begin school, Nathan disappeared.  Helene was heartbroken by this.  She went on as if her husband had never been there in the first place, and it destroyed her.  She fought with her son often, and sent her daughter to Korea to live with some relatives.  When Rhys was about to begin his fourth year, his father was found to be dead.  The once charming and happy Helene sunk into the depths of depression.  For her children's sake, she tried to be a good mother, but was never again quite the same.

Helene was once a beautiful woman, with shining, wide green eyes, creamy white skin, and wavy, auburn hair.  She has passed her beauty onto her children—though they inherited their father's cheekbones and dark hair and eyes.  Now she is older, and her gaze is often impassive.  Depression has aged her significantly, for she looks a little older than she is in actuality.

ROLEPLAY

Roleplay Response:
Helene frowned as she felt a little tug at her shirt.  Brow furrowed, she looked down in surprise at the little girl who had been responsible. 

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home," she said, and breathed.  "He misses my and his mommy."

Helene looked at the puffskein the girl had held up.  Poor thing, she thought, I should help her get out of this place.
"That's brave of you sweetie, but don't be fooled… I think you need to get out of here also.  I'll help you make it back, just follow me and don't wander off.  Okay?"

She turned and smiled.  "Oh, and are your parents nearby?"

Esme Vartan

(28/12/2011 at 14:53)
  • Lead Researcher, Supra Mortalitas
    • View Profile
Accepted!
I'm the opposite of moderate
immaculately polished.

♦♦♦

Tags: