Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Cecily Noble - Elsewhere Child  (Read 594 times)

Cecily Noble

(04/03/2015 at 02:28)
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Cecily Amelia Noble

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Elliot Noble - Father, Mary Noble - Mother

Residence:
Cambridgeshire, England

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
Nope.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Nope.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Gardenia Reine and co.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)

Pride in self.

I always found my family superior to the others. Us Nobles had a better sense of the matters crossing our way, whether we be young or old. We were clever, those supposed 'elitist' purebloods were not. We proved our self worth and the ancient families were so foolhardy that they didn't have to. Yet our ways were so alike, but different enough that it stuck out.

And we were proud of that. But my older brother, the one who should have been the most outstanding out of me and my three younger siblings? No, he was not. I knew this fact, this very simple fact, my whole life.

He was the one being watched with my father's unyielding gaze, but did he ever listen? I think not. But growing up being naive and childish, I kept my faith in him. I kept my faith in all my siblings. And I guess my firm faith had stayed, because my brother had become better off. You could say cured of his rascal disease; at least that was what I kept saying.

As the eldest daughter of my family, I knew and figured out more than the little Noblechildren had. As a little girl, I already unraveled most truths about our family, some being favorable things like our kinder morals and some being what I saw as flawed like some of our members given the chance to stay with us or leave. I didn't express my feelings on this, knowing that people were different and I shouldn't be criticizing them starting anew. That was a good act in our family, a brave one too.

But many perceived the Nobles' better that they didn't leave, so I was happy. It was because they knew better, and they thought better. What I thought was that the Nobles who chose to leave didn't realize their blissful upbringing.

How unfortunate. I was one of the loyal ones to remain with my family.

Above all else.

A child of Noble blood is always independent from the start. We're taught that mistakes were okay, as long as in the end we turn them right. My younger brother Gregory learnt this himself when we were younger and boisterous.

How spirited we were, when we weren't mature teenagers. I was sitting in a tree, a strong, sturdy oak, showing off my new Chocolate Frog Card that he wanted so badly, grinning pridefully when he protested that I should be giving it to him. We were living in Sweden at the time, just being regular children. I saw no wrong in what we were saying.

Maybe if I was more benevolent with my words, then the following incident wouldn't have happened.

He pushed me off that tree, and as I fell I wondered why I climbed up so high. Shrieking, I could feel the atmosphere of shock that we both shared and then I finally finished that fall with a broken leg. I cried, of course. I was only ten at the time, how could I not? I remember Gregory telling them that I had slipped on accident, that he had nothing to do with it. I looked at him with wide eyes, but softened them moments after. He was a good boy, and he had a good heart. Gregory would tell them the truth soon.

I stayed at St. Mungo's for a week so they could heal my leg. A tiring process it was indeed; I didn't need any Skele-Gro, which I heard had a range of pain of its own, but healing seemed to take much longer when you were ten years old. I spent my days in a hospital bed wondering if Gregory had told our parents the truth and not another silly cover-up.

Soon, of course, I finally came home but still in a wheel chair. As I was taken into the front door, I could hear a sniffling little brother giving a heartfelt apology and confession to our family. I couldn't help but giggle slightly at his sweetness, and I accepted before he could even finish his whole speech, handing him my chocolate frog in the process.

Some time after that, I'd be going to Durmstrang with my older brother. I made few friends there, only a small group of four including myself. We were a close bunch, but you could say England tore us apart. I didn't whine, I didn't cry, I didn't beg to my father to let us stay in Sweden.

Because it was time to start over on a new dawn.
Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
She kept smoothing down her skirt, squinting her eyes around trying to find the perfect place to rest. The shade was something she desired at the moment; oxfords, knee-high stockings, and cotton long-sleeved dresses did not exactly work in this weather. A tree located near her would provide ample shelter, but Cecily steered away from it and its leaves, pretending not to notice such an obvious spot.

Toughening up and sitting on a bench would do alright.

Gazing around the park, Cecily wondered how she didn't miss the beautiful scenery. She'd always been one for the aesthetic side of life, but anything that was the opposite of the former rebelliousness her older brother had was what she enjoyed. A sigh escaped her lips. What a beauti--

"You!"

--ful day? Her gaze searched for the source of the voice, finally settling on a little girl with fiery eyes. No disrespect for her elders, huh?

"Yes, little girl?" Cecily inquired, leaning over to rest her chin in the palm of her hand. How amusing this child was... She seemed to be at the age where everything seemed to be a big deal. Hopefully whatever she wanted to say wasn't going to get either of them in trouble with their families.

"...Do you want to play?"

This time, her voice was much, much softer than before, and Cecily was rather thankful for that. Giving the kid a small grin, she decided to politely decline. A young woman her age was a bit too old to be playing with ones the girl's age. Some would've happily agreed, yes, but Cecily wasn't the type of person.

"Why not play with them up there?" She pointed a finger up to the sky, where she heard faint, boyish laughter of,
"Get it, get it!"

OTHER
How did you find us? Google, my search engine and savior. Also TopSites, that too.

Majorie Noble

(07/03/2015 at 04:06)
I demand to have my hair braided.

Please.

(Accepted!)

Cecily Noble

(07/03/2015 at 05:23)
Of course, baby sissy <3

Tags: