hexenreich . . . . . . .
Following the time-warp
, the magical defence charms around Wizarding Germany disappeared, leaving them exposed to Nazi German Muggles. They joined forces, and so Muggle politics began to threaten the Wizarding World. Those witches and wizards who had conspired most deeply with German Nazis were the same who would eventually form the beginnings of Hexenreich.
Wizarding France, whilst still defended, took to being muggleborn sympathisers. Beauxbatons - previously an elitist school - began to positively discriminate muggleborns, and the French were offended by Britain closing their borders. This led them to start researching into Time Warp Theory - which they begun to blame on the British Ministry of Magic - and they aligned with Wizarding Germany. This separated Muggle France - which was aligned with Britain - and Wizarding France. Beauxbatons Academy became a base for the Gestapo in Cannes.
Hexenreich was officially formed in 1944, just after D-Day left the Axis powers crippled. Rolf Königsmann, an unassuming wizard with a penchant for pushing the limits of magical research, had been employed as one of the senior medical researchers for the Nazis. Because German wizards had broken the Statute of Secrecy by joining forces with muggles, Königsmann had been free to carry out his own magical experiments on the imprisoned muggles. Upon hearing news of the Germans' defeat in June, he immediately called together a tight-knit circle of wizards in high-ranking military positions, who collectively decided that it was no longer in their best interests to collude with Hitler's regime.
A patient man, Königsmann, as head of the newly-formed Hexenreich, slowly recruited German and French witches and wizards to his ranks. Hexenreich began carefully and selectively erasing the memories of those who had been aware of their existence and collusion with German authorities. The next step was to narrow the focus of their attacks - centering on the British Ministry of Magic.
The British Focus
For many, the British Focus happened just before supper on the seventh of June, 1945. The first sign of trouble was at the Ministry of Magic, where multiple explosions took place, resulting in the Ministry being locked down and the Aurors along with Merlin’s Order of Defense attempting to apprehend the perpetrators. Then, almost at the same time, trouble started brewing at Hogwarts, where Hexenriech members, assisted by two assistant professors they had on the inside, attempted to kidnap two students for leverage. They used this leverage to push the Hogwarts Headmistress, Anneka Ivanova, into removing the anti-apparition barriers which were preventing the Hexenreich from securing Hogwarts as their bargaining chip.
Once the Hexenriech had gained a foothold, they dug their feet in, taking over many institutions vital to Britain’s wizarding society. At Hogwarts, they installed Hexenriech representatives to observe both the professors and students and to squash any thoughts of resistance. At the Ministry, their takeover has been less subtle. In the absence of Minister Hir who is now a wanted man, the Hexenriech has placed itself in a position to run the Ministry and Wizarding Britain from its government. The Hexenreich executed the takeover in a well planned and efficient manner, and some have suggested that they had inside help. Either way, it looks like they are planning to stay in Britain for the long haul...
The Hexenriech quickly dissolved Merlin's Order of Defense and from its ashes came a resistance movement to their takeover. The Resistance is made up of former soldiers and civilians united in their desire to expel the Hexenriech from Wizarding Britain. The main faces on the wanted posters the Hexenriech hangs up are public enemies Pryce Hir, Aries Paladin, Alastríona Underwood, and an unnamed boy.
The Average Citizen
The average citizen is not only impacted by the new laws instilled by the Hexenriech occupiers, but by their general presence. Normal functions that used to be carry out by the Auror Office now have a Hexenriech representative, and the Hexenriech are patrolling areas of Wizarding Britain in parallel with them.
Credit for compiling this guide goes to Oliver Razi!
- Even though, in the beginning, Hexenreich utilised the opportunities provided by Nazi Germany to survive and thrive, Hexenreich is a separate movement from the Nazi Party and does not associate itself with such an embarrassing botched attempt.
- Currently, Hexenreich has only targeted Wizarding Britain, and its movement is contained in Britain. Other countries are reluctant to assist because most countries are struggling at rebuilding their own countries after the great war.
- During the war, British Wizarding society was separated from muggle society, as per the Statute of Secrecy. In the same way, the British muggles have no clue that a war rages on right under their noses.
- The majority of members of the Hexenriech are of German and French ancestry due to the origination of their movement. However, supporters of all ancestries exist.
- The Hexenreich as an organization has no position on blood status; nor are they researching scientific proof of related superiority.
- The Extraordinary Registry was destroyed in the Ministry attack, so the Hexenreich doesn't know who in the population has a special ability.
- More details can be found in the Announcement Forums of the castle and elsewhere boards. You'll be able to see these when your character is accepted.