We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Locksley, Claudie  (Read 1107 times)

Claudie Locksley

(19/09/2017 at 23:03)
  • Teenager
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Claudie Jane Locksley
Blood Status: Pureblood

Education: 
Currently being homeschooled

Residence:
Puddlebrook Cottage, Hogsmeade Village, Scotland

Tea Girl, Baker, Cook, Counter, Decorator at The Tea Pot

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Nope!

Requested Magic Levels:
Adult characters have 32 starting levels to distribute across these four categories (less levels can be used if you so desire, but no more than 32). The number of levels on the lowest ability must be at least half of the highest ability.

If you want levels above the usual 32 total, or a significantly uneven distribution of starting levels, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.

• Charms: 6
  • Divination: 5
  • Transfiguration: 7
  • Summoning: 5
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Nope!

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Arminia Meadowes, Caledon Angelus, Abraham L. Styles, Rita Lye

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Claudie Jane Locksley came into the world on the sunniest day of winter in 1936. This sunshine seemed to bless her with an equally sunny disposition, making her large eyes and blonde locks glisten in pretty symphony next to her shining heart. Claudie grew up believing in magic. She knew about magic, watched her cousins and father practice small charms and spells. Her father worked as a Healer in St. Mungo’s. Her mother did her best to make up for what she knew she lacked in. Agatha Lane had been classified as a squib at a young age, and while her husband loved her with a full heart, she had never felt she deserved to be married to him. So, instead she learned the practical wizardry of cooking, baking, and sewing. Her brisk kindness kept those who knew her and loved her close. Possibly too close.

Meaning Agatha Lane did something some would consider a cruelty.

Instead of allowing her only child to go to Hogwarts, only a quick trip away from their cosy country cottage in Hogsmeade, Agatha insisted that Claudie should be homeschooled. “She’s enough relatives who can teach her a thing or two about how to do spells and which books to read. And I think it’s important she learns how to live without magic, Joe. After all, they don’t teach them all the things they need to know how to do up there, in the castle. She can help me with the shop.”

And Claudie, now on the verge of sixteen, had done this without any anger or resentment. She read every book she could. She practiced as many spells as could be taught. She learned how to cook and bake and sew, and her cups of tea and pots of coffee could compare to no one’s. No regrets or longings ever truly panged her. Few people were as well liked as Claudie Locksley in Hogsmeade. Her sweetness and loveliness permeated nearly everything she ever did. She made more than enough friends in the village, even some students from Hogwarts, and she did love her mother and father so very dearly.

Only sometimes – just sometimes – when she glimpsed students wandering into Hogsmeade with their multi-coloured scarves, Claudie felt she’d missed something she could not get back.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option One -
Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

Option Two -
The snow had been falling steadily all morning and it didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. Joshua Campbell scrunched his face up in a frown as he lifted his gaze to look to the sky. Snow. It really was quite a bother.

And it certainly didn't make it better that Diagon Alley seemed to be getting more and more crowded. Joshua sighed and pointed his wand at the large box that was currently placed on the doorstep of his shop. He had to get going. He had an order to deliver.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The elderly man muttered and watched the box hover in the air for a moment. Honestly, did St. Mungo's really need that much tinsel? And with glitter of all things? He sighed again. If it hadn't been for the rather convincing stamp on the order, he would have been likely to believe it had been a prank by one of those orphaned rascals living up there. 

Oh well, there was no point in waiting. Joshua deftly stirred the box down the doorstep and out onto the street, carefully levitating it above the heads of the crowd.

"Coming through! Coming through!" His voice sounded over the chatter of the crowd. "Keep out! Move ahead! Go on!" This was going way too slow. People were in the way and walking like they had all day! He huffed. Luckily the road was down hill.

"Coming through! Coming th--- arrrgh!" Joshua let out a loud shout as his feet suddenly slipped in the snow and sent him, the box, and several long strands of tinsel tumbling into the person who had been walking in front of him.

"For Merlin's sake!" Joshua muttered angrily as he hurried to his feet again, red and gold tinsel now decorating his black coat. He looked apologetic at the person he had crashed into.

Roleplay Response:
There was something about London in the snow.

Claudie grinned, dipping her head back and allowing a fat snowflake to land on the tip of her nose, like a sloppy, cold kiss. They were here for the night. Her mother never came into London, much less Diagon Alley, unless it was required of her. Nothing would alter this. A preconceived notion that all wizards could spot a squib with their bare eyes went before Agatha Locksley in everything she did. But this notion had not stopped her father from wanting his girls to come up to London for a pre-Christmas dinner treat after his rotation at St. Mungo's finished.

Agatha pushed along the mass of people. A slightly hardened woman, it did not stop her general appearance from being lovely. Her blonde hair and petite features were delicate and feminine. Things Claudie had inherited. She'd gotten her eyes from her father.

"Claudie! Don't dawdle, come on!"

Her mother's bark did nothing to stop a shout from behind Claudie. Without warning, something bumped into the back of her. It sent her flying forward onto the snowy cobblestones. A tuft of red and gold glitter fell into the snow ahead of her, and Claudie couldn't help but think of how pretty it looked, even as she winced in pain. Water soaked through her mittens and stockinged knees immediately. Palms and knees stung. The man who had bumped into her apologized behind her while cursing several things that made Claudie's cheeks burn.

"I'm fine, truly. It was just an accident!"

OTHER
How did you find us? Other

* Anneka Ivanova

(25/09/2017 at 23:47)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Hi Claudie!

It looks like your character is not an adult quite yet. You'll either need to increase her age to at least 17 or fill out the child application.

Once you do that, please post your entire revised application below and we'll be happy to take another look!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Claudie Locksley

(03/10/2017 at 21:38)
  • Teenager
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER  INFORMATION

Name: Claudie Jane Locksley

Bloodline:

Pureblood

Parents/Guardians:

NPC - Joseph Cain Locksley & Agatha Lane Locksley (nee McGeachy)

Residence:

Puddlebrook Cottage, Hogsmeade Village, Scotland

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place:

I plan to have her working in her mother’s NP café, The Tea Cup, in Hogsmeade, but haven’t decided if I will make a shop for this yet

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?:

n/a

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:

Arminia Meadowes, Caledon Angelus, Abraham L. Styles, Rita Lye

Biography:

Claudie Jane Locksley came into the world on the sunniest day of winter in 1936. This sunshine seemed to bless her with an equally sunny disposition, making her large eyes and blonde locks glisten in pretty symphony next to her shining heart. Claudie grew up believing in magic. She knew about magic, watched her cousins and father practice small charms and spells. Her father worked as a Healer in St. Mungo’s. Her mother did her best to make up for what she knew she lacked in. Agatha Lane had been classified as a squib at a young age, and while her husband loved her with a full heart, she had never felt she deserved to be married to him. So, instead she learned the practical wizardry of cooking, baking, and sewing. Her brisk kindness kept those who knew her and loved her close. Possibly too close.

Meaning Agatha Lane did something some would consider a cruelty.

Instead of allowing her only child to go to Hogwarts, only a quick trip away from their cosy country cottage in Hogsmeade, Agatha insisted that Claudie should be homeschooled. “She’s enough relatives who can teach her a thing or two about how to do spells and which books to read. And I think it’s important she learns how to live without magic, Joe. After all, they don’t teach them all the things they need to know how to do up there, in the castle. She can help me with the shop.”

And Claudie, now on the verge of sixteen, had done this without any anger or resentment. She read every book she could. She practiced as many spells as could be taught. She learned how to cook and bake and sew, and her cups of tea and pots of coffee could compare to no one’s. No regrets or longings ever truly panged her. Few people were as well liked as Claudie Locksley in Hogsmeade. Her sweetness and loveliness permeated nearly everything she ever did. She made more than enough friends in the village, even some students from Hogwarts, and she did love her mother and father so very dearly.

Only sometimes – just sometimes – when she glimpsed students wandering into Hogsmeade with their multi-coloured scarves, Claudie felt she’d missed something she could not get back.

Roleplay:

The sun shone bright and clear, and Claudie’s mother had given her an afternoon off from the tea shop and her assignments to indulge in it. She was grateful. It had been an insufferably cloudy period of late, even for Claudie and her love of sweaters and blankets and staying in with a cup of tea and a book. Today, she lay on her stomach in Godric’s Park, a rose patterned blanket underneath her. A pair of cat eye sunglasses covered her glass blue eyes. She thought they made her look old and sophisticated. In reality, they showed off the shape of her baby face in a distinctly cutesy way that matched her periwinkle blue dress and sneakers.

She was reading one of the classics, a dusty volume that smelled of leather and musty bookshelves. A cup of milky tea sat steaming in a china cup. A small tin of her mother’s large jam button cookies cradled in the fold of her skirt. Her favourite smell, her favourite drink, her favourite cookie. An afternoon of favourites.

Such a state of peace was hers that Claudie did not notice the children playing near her until –

“You!”

Claudie paused in bringing the tea cup to her lips. Eyes wandered behind cat eye rims to focus on the little girl. A smile naturally slid onto her face.

“…Do you want to play?”

The sanctuary of her afternoon off drifted away in the warm afternoon breeze. Claudie set her teacup down, sat up on her blanket.

“Sure! What are we playing?”

OTHER

How did you find us? BEEN HERE FOREVA

* Anneka Ivanova

(10/10/2017 at 01:24)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity